Friday, September 28, 2012

STOP!


In a competitive world right now,where we're given value and judged by efficiency and effectivity, 'STOP' (maybe) is an unaccceptable word.

Today we're taught that everyhting need to be faster. if Rome can be built in a day why must we wait for years. NOW is the key. Who is slow will be lost in competition. Everything is about being in the front and being a winner. Everything's about numero uno.

When were the last time we take our time, sit in quite, really deeply look at and think about our life? about what we have done? Me, my self, haven't done that for quite a long time.

An occasion recently with my buddy and my junior in collage made me think about it. like a slap on my face, i realized how fast i've run with the speed of illogical hectic work life. i saw me turn into someone who does't give a damn on process. 24 hours 7 days are just not enough to finish the workloads. i even forget when was the last time i pay attention on unimportant details - like people i passed by, children in the street, funny figure of a tree or clouds.
When i was on my way to work. my life was sleep - awake - go to office - work - go home - bed - sleep. at some point i see my self as an autistic individual who doesn't care about life around me. there's only one world that revolved, and it's mine.

The ironic part is when i know some people envy me and wanto to have life like i have. they just don't know what they're dealing with. it's a sophisticated bussy young executive life. look glamorous, but i'm not sure this is a life i want to live for the rest of my life.

i realize i need to take a pause, pull my self together, saty still, set again my priorities in life, figure out what is important and looking back how far am i from my goals and dreams.

so i took a moment to make a list about things i want to do before i die. i sat in quite, deciding what is important and set again my priorities. i again staring at the morning clouds. spend each morning sending a funny or just because message to person i care about. now i know my world isn't the only world that revolve in the galaxy of mankind.my goal is important, my dream is important, but helping others achieving their goal is also important. in fact deep inside i know i'm moving forward to my goal each time i help others one step to their dream.

when was the last time you stop, be still and take a really deep look at your life? heve you looked at the window and stare at the clouds? have you stopped today?

No comments:

Post a Comment